Wednesday 20 June 2012

25 Days To Go!!!

Okay, so I have now raised all the money that I need to have, I have had all the vaccinations (there were 8 of them!!) and I'm am just applying for my 2nd visa into Kenya, already have my Tanzania one.

We have our plans for build-up day, and our flight routes in and out have been confirmed :)

So basically we fly out on the 15th June to Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, then we travel to the Southern Pares for a 4 day acclimatisation trek, after completing this we will then travel to our project site. Here we will have a range of choices: constructing new classrooms; renovating old ones; building a new kitchen; making new toilets; putting fencing up and creating a level path leading to the school.

The project phase will last for a week, and then after that we will go on a days safari to experience some of the local wildlife and then we will travel up to Kenya. Once there, we will start to the Mt Kenya Trek, having first planted trees at the base of the mountain as part of a conservation and reforestation project that they have started.

We will then have some relaxation time in which we will go white water rafting! Then it is time to travel to Nairobi and catch the flight back to Heathrow at some early time in 14th August.

That is our intenaray for the month, I hope we will get a lot out of it, and thanks for putting up with the long delays in this blog update!

I will be posting photos of my trip when I get back from Africa :)

Thanks, Keziah

No comments:

Post a Comment